Praia da Ingrina caves kayaking tour
Unique experiance and amazing to do in Sagres area
Praia da Ingrina is Algarve’s still little known, natural gem and perfect spot for ocean lovers. It is a small, paradise beach with white sand and clear water located in close distance from Raposeira village in the municipality of Vila do Bispo, Algarve.
It is part of wild and protected Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina natural park making it still quite unexploited and untouched place.
Join our Praia da Ingrina caves guided kayaking tour and explore the magnificent Algarve’s coastline by kayak.
- Kayak through unique ocean purple caves and rock formations in a SLOW way exploring and enjoying the nature around
- Touch crystal clear ocean water and see amazing sea life
- Learn about and see seafood growing on the rocks
- Duration: About 2,5 h.
- Price: 40 € (Adults 16+), 30 € (Children 7 – 15 years old).
- Minimum age: 3 years old.
- Route: Coastline between Praia da Ingrina and Praia do Barranco.
- Start and finish point: The trip starts and finishes at Praia da Ingrina beach.
- Skill level: The tour is suitable for beginners as well as the experiences kayakers and families with kids.
- Itinerary: During the tour we will be exploring the western coast paddling through its grottos and rock formations. You will see caves with amazing purple color, underwater sea life and birds. You will get to see and touch seafood like mussels (mexilhãoes) and famous goose barnacles (percebes) that grow on the rocks. We will paddle to Praia do Barranco for battery recharge, quick swim or beach relax then head back to Ingrina Beach. After the tour you can enjoy drinks or fresh, delicious food at the restaurant Sebastião located at the beach.
- Safety: The tour starts with safety training. During the trip you will be accompanied by an experienced, local guide who will explain all about the caves, animals and plants you will see.
- Equipment: very stable kayaks, life vests, small, waterproof bag for your belongings.
- Languages spoken: English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Meeting point: Praia da Ingrina beach (you will see the kayaks).
- Pictures: If you would like to see more images from the tour, check our photo gallery.
- Questions? See our FAQ section on the bottom of the page or contact us.
IMPORTANT: Please note that this activity is subject to weather and ocean conditions. If cancelled you will be offered an alternative date or full refund.
Equipment, insurance, waterproof bag, guide
Check below for the answers to frequently asked questions that will help you prepare best for our tour.
You will be informed about the exact meeting time and place before the tour. Please come on time. If you are late, unfortunately we can´t wait. And it might be impossible to offer you another space for a later trip. Refunds will not be issued if you miss the trip due to late or non-arrival.
Yes, one bag per double kayak.
No, we only have 1 single kayak for uneven groups. The guide organizes the groups before the departure. If you are alone or an uneven group you go in a single kayak or with another client.
Normally the tour takes about 2,5 hours.
NO, we only do organized tours with a guide.
Please bring towel, water, sunscreen and a hat or cap. Out in the ocean there is nothing to buy, so feel free to bring a snack as well. Bring shorts, bikini or swimming suit.
Small children can come for free in a double kayak. We have a limited space so we charge by seat. If the child is not small enough to fit in the middle of two adults we have to charge the same price as an adult.
Maximum of 6 kayaks per guide.
Yes, we stop in a protected bay.
You can bring it, but at your own risk.